|"Black Sea Freight Market & Ports": Conference documentation|
List of participants
Conference paper (pdf-version)
Registration for purchase conference's materials
“Black Sea Freight Market & Ports”: facts, events, summaries
Main themes of the conference:
- Export potential of Black Sea pond
- Prospects of the freight market
- Port infrastructure and service development
Participants: 218 delegates from154 company, representing 21 country.
Working program: 5 sessions, 17 presentations; finishing discussion - round table.
Key factors and trends of 2008, discussed at the conference:
- High demand and high prices on the main cargoes market, turnover of goods forecasts in Black and Azov Sea:
Grain cargoes – essential growth
Fertilizers – growth
Coal, steel, iron ore– growth
Pig Iron – reduction
Containers – growth
- Growth of the freight rates and rail road tariffs, developmental lag of transport infrastructure from the market demand, forecast – cargo owners will have to extend their expenses for transportation service.
More discussed topic: all the parts of transportation process have space for free maneuver – essential growth on the goods market allows shippers to agree with continuous growth of freight, prime cost of transportation allows operators to keep good profitability with out increasing freight rates.